21 Day Fix Friendly Lasagna
21 day fix friendly
- 1 pound ground beef cooked
- 1 jar tomato sauce (*homemade or store bought)
- 500 gr dry curd cottage cheese*
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian blend
- 9-12 oven ready lasagna noodles or pre-make noodles beforehand
- cook ground beef, and place tomato sauce with ground beef in frying pan
- spray or grease a 8×8 pan and preheat oven to 425 °c
- place 3 noodles on bottom of pan and then layer with ground beef then a layer of cottage cheese then 1/2 cup of shredded cheese approx 3/4 cup of ground beef and cottage cheese, then repeat with noodles and ground beef sauce mixture and then cottage cheese etc, until you have used up everything saving most of the shredded cheese for the top of the lasagna. You should end up with 3 layers.
- Place tin foil over pan and place in oven for 45 minutes, last 10 min take tin foil off and let top get browned a bit!!
- Let rest for 20 mins covered to let sauce settle and not be runny!!
- Slice into 6 pieces
1 square = 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 green if using homemade sauce*
1 square = 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 purple if using store bought sauce*
*may sub dry curd cottage cheese for regular cottage cheese just rinse and dry before placing in lasagna. May also use ricotta cheese!
4-6 Servings depending on size of zucchinis
21 day fix approved
- 1 Large Zucchini or 4 smaller ones
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (optional great with or without)*
- Chop everything up in big chunks don’t worry about cutting into tiny pieces and toss in big pot. Except the sour cream or yogurt.
- Boil till soft about 20-30 minutes .
- Cool down a bit enough to puree it and then add sour cream or yogurt.
*sour cream is not 21 day fix friendly! Plain Greek yogurt is.
21 Day fix approved
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup greek yogurt or plain yogur , whisked until smooth
- Salt, to taste
- On medium-high heat, in a large, deep non-stick skillet, sauté onion in butter for 2 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, ginger, ground coriander, chili powder, garam masala and turmeric; sauté for 30 seconds, being careful not to burn.
- Stir in almonds and tomato paste, and sauté for 2 minutes to blend well with the spices. Stir in chicken and sauté until lightly browned on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt; cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through. Season with salt. Cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes or until the curry comes to a boil.
- Serve over rice!
1 serving counts as 1 Red container