21 Day Fix Friendly Lasagna
21 day fix friendly
- 1 pound ground beef cooked
- 1 jar tomato sauce (*homemade or store bought)
- 500 gr dry curd cottage cheese*
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian blend
- 9-12 oven ready lasagna noodles or pre-make noodles beforehand
- cook ground beef, and place tomato sauce with ground beef in frying pan
- spray or grease a 8×8 pan and preheat oven to 425 °c
- place 3 noodles on bottom of pan and then layer with ground beef then a layer of cottage cheese then 1/2 cup of shredded cheese approx 3/4 cup of ground beef and cottage cheese, then repeat with noodles and ground beef sauce mixture and then cottage cheese etc, until you have used up everything saving most of the shredded cheese for the top of the lasagna. You should end up with 3 layers.
- Place tin foil over pan and place in oven for 45 minutes, last 10 min take tin foil off and let top get browned a bit!!
- Let rest for 20 mins covered to let sauce settle and not be runny!!
- Slice into 6 pieces
1 square = 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 green if using homemade sauce*
1 square = 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 purple if using store bought sauce*
*may sub dry curd cottage cheese for regular cottage cheese just rinse and dry before placing in lasagna. May also use ricotta cheese!