*This post contains affiliate links
You are stepping up your game, you stepped out of your comfort zone! You are eating healthier, you got this!! Then all of a sudden BAM!! The scale has stopped moving. You think to yourself whats going on here I’m doing all of the right things, why am I not loosing weight.You haven’t changed anything. You’re doing everything exactly the same as before, so why isn’t your body responding now?
You, my friend, have hit a plateau.
Before you read the steps below on how to break a Plateau make sure you have taken your measurements have they gone down? Are your clothes fitting looser? You may think you need to gauge your weight-loss on the scale but guess what as I always say the scale is and ASSHOLE!! yeah I said it and I will say it again its an ASSHOLE!!! and you shouldn’t judge your weight loss solely on the scale. Its only a number and it doesn’t define us.
I want you to think about how far you have come already and the changes you have made thus far into your journey. I always make sure to take those pictures along the way at least every two weeks so that you know how much progress you have made. Second I always take measurements because those never lie to you!! Third I have an outfit that I always put on to gauge as well.
There are a few things we can do in the event of a plateau,
- If you are using the portion control containers from Beachbody maybe you need to move down a container level. Go back to your nutrition guide and recalculate your intake amount.
- Track everything you eat, are you being truthful of everything you are putting in your mouth? If you aren’t using the container system what about an app to track your calories and food intake? I like to use Loseit app for this!! I also you it to track my weight and it also stores a lot of my recipes as well. I also like using a wipe off board to track my container system this works great for me when I’m doing the container method.
- Are you getting enough sleep? You should try and get an average of 6 to 8 hours of sleep a night. I know when I don’t sleep well, I’m over tired and then I end up eating like crap the next day because I’m to tired to plan my day out and just reach for what ever available.Sleep is so important!
- WATER WATER WATER!! Are you getting enough water. I cant stress this enough this is probably one of the most important things up your water game!! If you aren’t a water drinker now is the time to start that. If your not a fan of water add fruit to it or lemons and cucumber or any flavor option, that doesn’t come in the form of a squeeze bottle. Flavor it with healthy options.
- Try switching up your workout routine, if your not lifting weights maybe try incorporating those, or boost up your intensity. Maybe now your just going through the motions and need a change. Or maybe just adding an extra 10 mins to your workout will kick it up a notch. I’m not a huge fun of long workout routines. I don’t like feeling like my whole day is dedicated to it. So maybe adding in some intervals in to would be a good mix.
- Still not losing getting anywhere if you want to try Beachbody’s 3 Day refresh as well its a great option. you can read more about it here!
- Maybe you need a challenge, a push. I find when I run a accountability group I do awesome with a little competition and the accountability of checking in daily with someone makes a huge difference. If you don’t have a coach or someone to talk to, in order to check in with I highly suggest you join one of my groups, email me for more info or find me on Facebook for more info on when my next group is starting!