21 Day fix approved
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup greek yogurt or plain yogur , whisked until smooth
- Salt, to taste
- On medium-high heat, in a large, deep non-stick skillet, sauté onion in butter for 2 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, ginger, ground coriander, chili powder, garam masala and turmeric; sauté for 30 seconds, being careful not to burn.
- Stir in almonds and tomato paste, and sauté for 2 minutes to blend well with the spices. Stir in chicken and sauté until lightly browned on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt; cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through. Season with salt. Cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes or until the curry comes to a boil.
- Serve over rice!
1 serving counts as 1 Red container