Want a super easy meal to throw together in a Crockpot for all those busy Moms out there. I honestly don’t know how some of you can manage all those sports with your kids and keep your life running smoothly. I only have one and one on the way and I have a hard time ha-ha!! So hats off to you guys!! This recipe honestly is super quick and easy!!
Santa Fe Chicken in the Crock Pot
- 2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can of corn or frozen corn about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth or half a box
- 1 package of low sodium taco seasoning
Place everything in crock pot and place the chicken breasts on top of the mixture. Cook on low for about 10 hours or high for 5. Approx 1/2 to 15 min before serving take out the chicken and shred it with two forks. Place all the shredded chicken back into the Crockpot and stir and continue to cook for about 15 mins!
- This is great served over lettuce or rice or both. You could also get creative and put lettuce, rice, and crunched up corn tortilla chips and then place chicken mixture on top. Top with some shredded cheddar or tex mex. Maybe a little dollop of plain Greek yogurt!! There you have a complete meal!!
- If you have left over’s the next day, place in a wrap with lettuce or make a quesadilla with it!! The possibilities are endless here!!